For the past 2 weeks or 14 days, I have been to the worst scenario of moving, met lots of people, met lots of
PROBLEMS!! and receive some good news...but bad all added up together in the past 2 weeks couldn't overpower the worst that I have received this morning....It's 6.53am Melbourne time and my mobile rang the tune "Talk Play Love" into the quiet and serene room of Polly's-my cousin...I looked at the screen there it goes displaying "Witheld" I blinked and it was still there. Usually I will prepare my voice to be in the "Family Mode"-Angry and Bold, but I just answered it with a simple and toned down hello...Then I heard a familiar hello but it was a bit shaken and quavering...I replied "Steph is that you?" then she said "Did I wake you up?" I replied "No, I was already awake" then she goes" How's your birthday? I am sorry I didn't call you on the 12th coz I was having classes and labs assignments(a bit blur but I know it's something from school)" Then I told her my disappointment on Melbourne and how others from all over the world have rang me up to sing me a birthday tune and wished me a Happy Birthday..=)Ming Ming sang one for me and my parents called me twice, on the eve of my birthday and on my birthday to wish me again....on the eve Melissa called, then Ryan wished me a Happy Birthday on 12am while moving arrow stuff---->seasons,Terung called to ask if wanna go to the formula one in march while wishing me happy birthday..And Steph, my Best Best friend of all called me a week before to wish me a Happy Birthday and told me study hard and don't be a shopaholic on the loose anymore because i told her about my shopping spree...oo0oh that was good...all from my sincere friends=)-to all of you I am glad that I have you all as a friend of mine=) cheers to all of us..*back to the story* she replied"Did received my message wishing you happy birthday?" I replied"Yes, Thank you very much" then she broke down again saying"Ting, you know what, my daddy had prostrate cancer...."I was so shocked with awe!! Uncle Yen is such a healthy person!! He plays squash everyday, with at least 3 hours of play a day and he won a national title when he joined a squash competition 2 or 3 years ago...I was totally shocked I was lost for words...I can't believe this is happening in my life and it's happening to my best friend who is in UK at the moment, the word
CANCER had never revolved in my life nor anyone amongst my pals except for my grandfather who died of lung cancer when my father was still young which doesn't have a strong impression in my head...then she continued"Matt and Jodie still don't know yet, my mummy just called me today at 1 something(UK time)to break me the news. Sally is with them in Singapore now". Sally is her step sister who is currently in Johor....then I said"Which stage is he in?" then she said"I think it's in the early stages.my mum said thank God that they went to do a major checkup in Singapore and he's is going to have an operation in March, so I am going back in easter."then she asked "Ting, do you know what are the chances and what cancer is that" learning about prostrate and prostate cancer in year 11, I replied"It's in the early stages, chances of survival are much higher, and I think it's the cancer on the guy's reproductive system if I am not wrong. Does he need to undergo other treatment for cancer after the operation?" she said she don't know then her house phone rang and she said she will call me back....I sent her a sms telling her not to be sad and believe in our God and pray and I am free for you call me anytime you want...then she replied just now saying thank you, and she had discussed with her friends in the UK and they said that it should be fine and she just couldn't believe this is happening..
Having to know this story, I realized that life is really unpredictable and how small and powerless are we when we face these difficulties but we still have to have faith in our God because he will lead a way for us..
Wishes: Uncle and Auntie Yen, Steph, Jodie, Matthew and Sally. May God be with you all always and lead you all through this.
~End~
With sadness that's in my heart,
~Miaw~
what we could have been, February 18, 2008.